Mac Support Sheffield is committed to protecting your privacy and this page explains your rights and options with regard to the use of your personal data. We strive to ensure that any personal information is obtained legally, held securely and processed in accordance with current legislation and best practice.
If you have any queries regarding your personal information or the way in which it is used, then please email us at: info (at) macsupportsheffield.com
Information you give us
Mac Support Sheffield will only collect information that identifies you when you voluntarily provide it to us by telephone, post, fax, e-mail, or through a form or link on our website.
Information we get from your use of our services
We may collect information about the services that you use, and how you use them, such as when you visit our website, view or interact with our adverts, content or online services.
Use of your personal information
Within Mac Support Sheffield we may use your information to provide you with the services and products you request, to assist with your questions about our services, products or use of our website, to evaluate our services and products and to conduct customer surveys.
We may also use your information, with your consent, to send you information that may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of your information
Mac Support Sheffield will not give, sell, rent or loan or otherwise disclose any personal information to any third party, unless you have authorised us to do so, or we are legally required to do so, or it is necessary to do so in order to protect our rights or property.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), in force from 25th May 2018, you have new rights. In summary, these are:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data,
- The right of access to your personal data through Subject Access Requests,
- The right to correct inaccurate personal data,
- The right in certain cases to have your personal data erased,
- The right to restrict or suppress the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- The right to move your personal data from one service provider to another,
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances,
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
You can contact us in regard to any data we may hold about you, by email at: info (at) macsupportsheffield.com or by post at: Mac Support Sheffield, Sheffield Technology Parks, Cooper Buildings, Arundel Street, Sheffield S1 2NS.
Full information about your rights can be found at: https://ico.org.uk/
As a customer, you may be given the option of receiving periodic information, promotional mail or email from us. We will ensure that if you choose to opt out of such communication, we will comply with your wishes.
Our cookies help us to:
- Enable our website to function as you’d expect
- Improve the performance of the site
- Continuously improve our website
- Compile anonymous statistics about website visitor interaction (Google Analytics)
- Make our marketing communications more efficient
- Collect any personally identifiable information without your express permission
- Collect any sensitive information without your express permission
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
Visitor statistics cookies
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website and. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website and blog, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited. We use Google Analytics to anonymously compile web visitor statistics.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see and manage what cookies have been set, visit:
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit:
Links to Other Websites
We aim to provide you, as a visitor to our website, with information, services and products that are valuable to you. As part of this, our site may site may contain links to third party sites. We do not control and are not responsible for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites.
By using this website, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of information as described in this policy.
This policy was last updated: 08 March 2022